Nightlife in Cagliari: the movida in the city of sun
Vacations are the ideal moment to discover new territories and Sardinia provides many unforgettable experiences that include art, history, and gastronomy. A journey to be enjoyed during the day and also during the night, when the moon is shining the nightlife of Cagliari reveals itself.
During the day there is no shortage of things to do, during the day visit a nature park, sunbathe on a splendid beach or visit historical sites of great artistic value. The evenings are for relaxing while enjoying a glass of wine, accompanied by quality live music, and for creating unforgettable memories far alway from every day life.
The nightlife is not only discotheques, but the ancient city of Casteddu also offers entertainment for all in the most important districts which include Castello, Marina or Stampace.
In Castello, the oldest district of Cagliari, there are many trendy venues crowding the beaches of Poetto, the promenade of Cagliari also known as the One Hundred Thousand beach, ready to satisfy anyone seeking a fun night out.
West of Castello there is Stampace, founded by the Pisans in the XIII century. This district is famous for the starting point of the Sant’Efisio festivities, celebrated every year from the 1st to the 4th of May. This district also has many venues and fascinating shops, perfect for those who love traditional craftwork and wish to purchase an authentic souvenir made by a talented artisan.
Another famous area is the historical district of Marina, bordered in the north by Castello and in the south by via Roma, on its east side it has viale Regina Margherita and on it’s west is largo Carlo Felice. It was also founded by the Pisans in the XIII century, initially its purpose was to host the storage spaces of the town and provide housing for workers in the port of Cagliari nearby. Marina is one of the most lively districts, it has many typical restaurants and via Roma is usually very busy, the many cafes and shops make it one of the main streets in Cagliari, perfect for a romantic stroll under the stars with your partner.
If you choose Sardinia as your holiday destination, we can suggest five venues for you to enjoy after the sunset and let yourself be conquered by the wonderful nightlife in Cagliari.
Nightlife in Cagliari: 5 addresses just to be sure
The nightlife in Cagliari has much to offer, after a day discovering the history and art of the city or the beautiful surrounding countryside, the districts of Casteddu light up at night with music and color.
Among the restaurants, kiosks, bars, live music shows, and venues, here are the five places we suggest you note on your agenda to visit on your visit to Cagliari after sundown.
- Birroteca al Merlo Parlante: open since 1984, this beer house is in the center of Cagliari, in via Porto Scalas 69 and is open from 19:00 until 02:00, from Thursday to Saturday. Alongside the wide selection of artisanal, local and foreign beer, at the Merlo Parlante you can choose from a selection of 50 sandwiches and 12 draft beers.
- Twist Beach Club: is in viale Poetto, just a few minutes away from the Poetto Beach. The Twist Beach Club is ideal for relaxing on the seafront at breakfast, lunch or dinner, visit it for an aperitif or at night for a lovely cocktail while listening to a live concert. Open every day from 06:30 am until 03:00 am.
- Birrificio di Cagliari: number 24 in via Isaac Newton, this is the first brewpub in Sardegna, meaning the first pub making its own beer. Artisanal, unfiltered, not pasteurized, all draft beers which can be perfectly combined with the delicacies of the Pub’s menu. A big and welcoming environment, impeccable service and delicious products. Closed on Sundays, it remains open from Mondays to Saturdays, from 20:00 until 02:00.
- Fabrik: opened in 2000 in via Goffredo Mameli 216 a Cagliari, Fabrik is the right place for music lovers outside the mainstream. Live dj sets, exhibitions, billiard, drinks, food and more, every season Fabrik’s objective is to create a space open to Sardinian artists and proposals from outside the island. It is closed on Mondays, Tuesdays and Sundays, the venue opens from Wednesdays from 21:00 until 03:00.
- BFlat Jazz Club: jazz fans, a genre born at the beginning of the XX century, will love this exclusive club. This BFlat environment in via del Pozzetto 9, is a warm and welcoming environment that offers live music in the evenings and a wide selection of drinks. Closed from Mondays to Wednesdays, the club is open from Thursday to Sunday staring at 21:00 until 02:00.