The beaches of Cagliari: incredible places for a dream vacation
The Sardinian seafront has all the features of well known tropical paradises. In Cagliari you can find beaches surrounded by untouched nature or those very well equipped, they all resemble precious gemstones nestled in between the rocky outline of the island and the wild vegetation that make such a breath taking landscape.
The beaches of Cagliari are among the favorites for weddings and are ideal for organizing a short escape with your partner, by yourself, with friends or your family.
This magical place, where the water mirrors the blue sky, is ideal for those looking for a place to have a relaxing vacation and get away from stress and routine, dedicating time to their own wellbeing.
The sea and the beaches are perfect for sunbathing in peace and tranquility, but these crystalline waters combined with the sirocco and mistral winds also create a paradise for surfers and many other water sports including scuba diving in the deeper waters.
Shades of blues and greens of the Sardinian sea are home to a delicate marine habitat needing to be taken care of and respected constantly to protect the diversity of species like the Loggerhead sea turtles, common dolphins, striped dolphins, sperm whales and many more.
Wild landscapes, rocky cliffs, inlets and bays, are part of a world famous valuable natural heritage. The sun, striking the clear soft sand, reveals beautiful color graduations from milky white to gold, from pearl gray to powder pink.
Discover the ten beaches in Cagliari you must see at least once in your life.
Beaches in Cagliari: 10 outstanding beaches
Let’s see together which are the 10 most beautiful beaches in Cagliari for an unforgettable vacation focused on relaxation in a true paradise.
- Poetto: the Poetto, also called Poettu, is the most famous beach in the area and among the ten attractions, you must see in Cagliari. It’s about four kilometers long, from the promontory of the Sella del Diavolo until the coast of Quartu Sant’Elena, in fact, the beach changes name slightly from Spiaggia di Quartu to Poetto di Quartu. It’s the most famous beach in the old town of Casteddu and one of the most popular during summertime.
- Capo Malfatano: the Malfatano coast is full of ash gray, stone or golden sand beaches and rocky cliffs. The beautiful water reflects shades from emerald green to turquoise and has a clear shallow seabed. The Capo Malfatano beach has medium grain sand, some stones, and shallow sandy seabeds, the amber color of the rocky creeks and the light blue water make a beautiful contrast.
- Porto Giunco: a treasure of the south-west coast, the long beach of soft pinkish sand and the turquoise sea in the area of Porto Giunco, resembles the Caribbean. This beach is a favorite for those wanting to surf, go snorkeling or go diving.
- Cala Sinzias: Goletta Verde di Legambiente is a sandy white beach two kilometers long, it has clear sea beds and crystalline water making it one of the purest in Sardinia. The Cala Sinzias beach is in between the little headlands and is the perfect location for fishing, divers and surfers searching for the perfect wave.
- Solanas: the clear water gets deeper when going offshore, the silky golden sand makes Solanas a true marine paradise, with a light breeze which brings with it all the perfume of the wild vegetation surrounding the beach.
- Punta Molentis: on one side there is white sand with a pink tinge along the shoreline, on the other side is a granite cave. The magnificent beach of Punta Molentis is often used as scenery for advertisements and films, under the emerald green water it has a shallow and sandy seabed.
- Cala Pira: surrounded by ancient junipers and magnificent granites, Cala Pira beach has all the perfume of untouched nature. The shallow water makes it the perfect choice for families with small children. The sand is white and soft as snow while the transparent water is just spectacular.
- Su Giudeu: a little garden of Eden with white sand as fine as talcum powder and shallow clear water, the Su Giudeo beach owes its name to an octopus that swims in the area and a pair of rocks not far from the shore.
- Mari Pintau: the scenery is a masterpiece by mother nature, in fact, the name means “painted sea”. The light blue and turquoise shades of the crystalline shallow water is highlighted by underwater stones and rounded shingle with patches of fine white sand just off shore. The beach is also made of stones and sand. Mari Pintau is the perfect destination for underwater fishing and for those wanting to discover all the beauty of this enchanted seabed, diving in the wonders beneath the surface.
- Cala Cipolla: is one of the most famous and also most beautiful beaches on the island. It’s protected by two pink granite headlands and rich Mediterranean vegetation. Cala Cipolla holds all the fascination of the Sardinian wilderness and can be reached with a path through the perfumed ancient junipers. The crystalline water shades from emerald green to turquoise, the sand is golden and very fine and the seabed is shallow with a few rocks. This beach is perfect for surfers and diving or underwater fishing passionates.